Safety measures COVID-19
Van der Valk Hotel Amsterdam - Amstel is open and applies stricter measures. We would like to ask you to take these measures into account to ensure your health and that of our employees. We hope to welcome you soon for a safe and comfortable stay at Hotel Amsterdam - Amstel.
Thank you for understanding and trust in our hotel.
View our taken measures
- Safe and comfortable stay
- Frequently asked questions
Safe and comfortable stay
At Van der Valk, the health, safety and well-being of our guests and employees has the highest priority. In order to guarantee your health and safety, we would like to ask you to observe the following policy during your visit to our hotel:
- Follow indicated walking direction and hygiene measures
- Keep 1.5 meters distance from other guests and employees
- Do not shake hands with fellow guests or hotel staff
- Wash your hands regularly and in accordance with RIVM guidelines
- Use paper towels to dry your hands
- Cough and sneeze in your elbow and turn away from fellow guests and hotel staff
- Preferably pay with pin or contactless
Do you have symptons of a cold, such as a runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough or increase to 38 degrees Celsius? Then we ask you to stay at home and not to come to the hotel.
We do everything we can to make your stay as safe and comfortable as possible. Thank you for your confidence in Van der Valk and we hope to welcome you in our hotel soon. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our reception via +31(0)20 800 1100.
Buffet 't IJ, Restaurant Amstelle and Bar Moqum are - according to guidelines from the government and RIVM - open. This with the following measures:
- We work with warning stickers and ask you to follow them.
- We ask you to wait 1.5 meters away from each other until our host shows you a table.
- We only receive guests from joint households up to a maximum of 8 people.
- Keep a distance of 1.5 meters. Both to our staff and other guests.
- In order to maintain sufficient distance, we serve out with an appropriate distance via side tables after which you can pick up your order yourself.
- Room service is possible for both dishes and drinks.
Buffet 't IJ
The buffet restaurant is - according to guidelines from the government and RIVM - open for breakfast.
The restaurant is - according to guidelines from the government and RIVM - open for lunch or dinner.
The bar is - according to guidelines from the government and RIVM - open for drinks and bites.
Fitness & Wellness
The swimming pool and spa are available upon reservation. We take the guidelines into account and allow a small number of rooms at a time.
Each room can be reserved for one time block of 60 minutes. You can submit your reservation request at the reception. Please note that this can be reserved on the basis of availability
Frequently asked questions
Can Van der Valk be open as a hotel and restaurant?
Yes, according to government guidelines it is allowed to be open as a hotel. Food and beverage outlets in the restaurant for our hotel guests may be open.
Is visiting a Van der Valk hotel safe?
Van der Valk takes your health and that of the employees very seriously. We have tightened measures within the hotel so that this can be guaranteed. All Van der Valk hotels are furnished according to the guidelines of the RIVM. As a hotel, we do everything we can to keep risks to a minimum.
As a hotel guest, can I use the restaurant facilities?
Yes, as a hotel guest you can use the restaurant. We use stricter measures here to make your visit to our restaurant as safe as possible. The à la carte restaurant is open but the Live Cooking buffet restaurant is closed to ensure your health.
Is it possible to order room service?
Yes, you can order room service from your hotel room via reception. You can have breakfast, lunch and dinner brought to your hotel room.
What facilities are open in the hotel?
Yes, ask at the reception about the possibilities.
Is it possible to use facilities such as renting an (electric) bicycle at the hotel?
This is possible. Contact the reception to discuss the possibilities
Can I cancel or change my booking?
With a refundable rate you can cancel or change your trip for free up to 24 hours before your stay. In principle, you cannot cancel the trip in case of a non-refundable booking. For questions about this, please contact the hotel at email@example.com or call +31 (0) 20 800 11 00.
Can I change my booking on the day of arrival if I have a cold or cough?
We ask you to contact the hotel via firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 (0) 20 800 11 00.